Wednesday 9 September 2009

You look like a nice Gull...

Little Grebe: 2 days ago an unheard of species in Birdless Cuddeson. Yesterday, a new species. Today, a breeding species! 2 Adult and one juvenile Little Grebe on The Farmhouse Pond.  That'll teach me not to visit between April 6th and September 7th. Also 20 Mallard (a record count) and 2 Coots. One of the adult Little Grebes here:
Over on Castle Hill one of these....
Which means only one thing: Gull heaven! The Wheatear find has raised my levels of expectations to ludicrous levels, I actually find myself searching for Sabine's Gulls behind the plough! A few more (thousand) birdless visits should bring me back down to earth.
Autumn migration is underway though with 50 Meadow Pipits around the Top Fields, plus 4 Skylark about. Will anything beat the Wheatears this autumn though.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment