Friday 25 March 2011

It's here...

If there is one thing that my attempts to pull some half decent records from this area of blasted farmland has taught me, it is that it is bloody hard work. If you forced me to tell you another thing learnt, it would be that one ploughed field is worth fifty, if not one hundred, fields of wheat or oilseed rape. Sadly, this spring there are no ploughed fields within the area around Cuddesdon that I usually cover. However, every morning I do cycle past a couple of nicely exposed ploughed fields, just south of Wheatley, and this morning was rewarded with a fine male Northern Wheatear. Looks like my patch just got bigger. The first singing Chiffchaff was on Tuesday 22nd March this year, and by this morning three were in full explosive song.

No comments:

Post a Comment