Thursday 26 September 2013

Rüppell’s Warbler near Cholsey?

October's Birdwatch magazine arrived today. Oh Dominic, you crazy Londoner! I know you have magazines to sell, but I'll tell you why Red-flanked Bluetail will not turn up on my patch: look at where I live! Another Whinchat would be a miracle. A Red-flanked Bluetail in Cuddesdon is about as likely as a Rüppell’s Warbler near Cholsey... or at least that was what I thought, until I came across this record submitted to BBRC last year and just published on their website: 
4564IC19-May1219May121Rüppell’s WarblerOxfordshireNear Cholsey
The BBRC page with the link to the "Work In Progress" file can be found here. This record is still in circulation, but does anybody out there have any more information about a potential sixth record for Britain near Cholsey, Oxfordshire on 19th May 2012? 

No comments:

Post a Comment